Travel - Experience - Discover
From day trips to week-long excursions, UW-Sheboygan Continuing Education tours focus on literature, performing arts, theatre, visual arts, food, theology, geography, history, and more! Our trips offer exceptional and enriching travel experiences with no planning needed from you! We build in plenty of free time for you to enjoy the destination, shopping, restaurants, or pursue your own interests at your leisure!
Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness Adventure
The Boundary waters in northern Minnesota is the largest wilderness area east of the Rocky Mountains and north of the Florida Everglades. The more than 1 million acres contains over 1200 miles of canoe routes and over 2000 individual campsites. Challenge yourself physically and unplug yourself mentally as you spend 6 days paddling this pristine wilderness with 2 guides who combined have completed more than 20 trips in this natural wonderland. Price includes transportation from Manitowoc, all food in the wilderness, and all necessary equipment. Personal gear excluded.
Number of participants allowed: 6
Departure dates: August 1 - 6, 2015
Group leaders: Bruce Peters, UW-Manitowoc Assistant Campus Dean for Administration and Finance, and Jared Dalberg, UW-Manitowoc Associate Professor, Health, Exercise Science & Athletics. Both Bruce and Jared have led various outdoor trips over the past 4 years as co-advisors to the UW-Manitowoc Extreme Outdoors Club.
Food Tasting and Cultural Walking Tour Bucktown/Wicker Park, Chicago - May 14, 2015
- SOLD OUT! -
Get an insider's view of these Chicago gourmet 'hotspots' as you explore the historic, culturally rich, art-filled streets of the Bucktown and Wicker Park neighborhoods. All food tastings, enough for a hearty lunch, are included in the tour price. Delicious food specialities served on the tour:
Delicious food specialties are served on the Bucktown & Wicker Park Food Tour (subject to change):
- George's Hot Dog's:The #1 rated Chicago-style hot dog "stand" and family-owned restaurant (established 1948)
- Hot Chocolate:James Beard Award winner and Chicago's top-ranked pastry and dessert restaurant (established 2004)
- Goddess & Grocer:Gourmet foods delicatessen & purveyor of local, organic and artisan groceries (established 2004)
- Sultan's Market:Middle-Eastern cafe serving authentic falafel, shawarma & babaghanoush (established 1985)
- Piece:New Haven-style pizzeria, restaurant and international award-winning beer brewpub on-premise (established 2001)
- iCream:Customizable and instantly-created ice creams, sorbets and yogurts made on the spot (established 2008)
When tour is over, the remaining time is on your own to shop and explore the area.
NOTE: There is a lot of walking on this tour but all fitness levels are welcome. Wear comfortable clothing and shoes. Tours take place rain or shine.
Travel date: Thursday, May 14, 2015.
Time: Departs UW-Sheboygan 7:45 am and return at approximately 7:00 pm; Departs UW-Manitowoc campus at 7:15 am, returns at approximately 7:30 pm.
Fee: TBA. Includes transportation and guided taste tour. Group size is limited so register early.
Group leaders: Suzanne Lawrence, Director of Continuing Education, UW-Sheboygan and UW-Manitowoc, and Jane Donlon, Continuing Education Assistant, UW-Sheboygan.
Coming the Summer of 2016
Departure dates: July 1 - 12, 2016