Travel - Experience - Discover
From day trips to week-long excursions UW-Sheboygan Continuing Education tours focus on literature, performing arts, theatre, visual arts, food, theology, history, and more. Our trips offer exceptional and enriching travel experiences with no planning needed from you! We build in plenty of free time for you to enjoy the destination, its shopping, its restaurants, or pursue your own interests at your leisure.
Food Tasting and Cultural Walking Tour Bucktown/Wicker Park, Chicago - May 14, 2015
Get an insider's view of these Chicago gourmet 'hotspots' as you explore the historic, culturally rich, art-filled streets of the Bucktown and Wicker Park neighborhoods. All food tastings, enough for a hearty lunch, are included in the tour price. Delicious food specialities served on the tour:
Delicious food specialties are served on the Bucktown & Wicker Park Food Tour (subject to change):
- George's Hot Dog's:The #1 rated Chicago-style hot dog "stand" and family-owned restaurant (established 1948)
- Hot Chocolate:James Beard Award winner and Chicago's top-ranked pastry and dessert restaurant (established 2004)
- Goddess & Grocer:Gourmet foods delicatessen & purveyor of local, organic and artisan groceries (established 2004)
- Sultan's Market:Middle-Eastern cafe serving authentic falafel, shawarma & babaghanoush (established 1985)
- Piece:New Haven-style pizzeria, restaurant and international award-winning beer brewpub on-premise (established 2001)
- iCream:Customizable and instantly-created ice creams, sorbets and yogurts made on the spot (established 2008)
When tour is over, the remaining time is on your own to shop and explore the area.
NOTE: There is a lot of walking on this tour but all fitness levels are welcome. Wear comfortable clothing and shoes. Tours take place rain or shine.
Travel date: Thursday, May 14, 2015.
Time: Departs UW-Sheboygan 7:45 am and return at approximately 7:00 pm; Departs UW-Manitowoc campus at 7:15 am, returns at approximately 7:30 pm.
Fee: TBA. Includes transportation and guided taste tour. Group size is limited so register early.
Group leaders: Suzanne Lawrence, Director of Continuing Education, UW-Sheboygan and UW-Manitowoc, and Jane Donlon, UW-Sheboygan.
Discovering the Emerald Isle - Ireland 2015
Join us as we experience the history, culture and landscape of the Emerald Isle on this 10-day tour.
Ireland - the name conjures a land shrouded in myth and legend, steeped in tradition, and surrounded by beautiful scenery. But as connected as the island is to its past, it has contributed so much to the modern world through literature, art, and music. A visit to Ireland is a visit to the past, and a new view of the present. Ireland is the one place on earth that heaven has kissed with melody, mirth, meadow and mist.
Departure dates: Sunday, May 24 - Tuesday, June 2, 2015
(Departs UW-Manitowoc to O'Hare International Airport)
Fee: $3,850 (based on double occupancy) / Single room supplement: $640 (updated)
Group leaders: Suzanne Lawrence, Director of Continuing Education, and former UW-Manitowoc Dean, Dr. Roland Baldwin.
For information on the Ireland Trip, contact Jane Donlon at firstname.lastname@example.org. or
Berlin, Germany: One City, Many Worlds
Journey to the vibrant, optimistic capital of this fascinating country in the heart of Europe. Behold the drama of a region that experienced monarchy, democracy, National Socialism, communism, and democracy again, in only 70 years. Feel the burden of war, the paranoia of police states, the exaltation of liberation, and the awe of inspired art and architecture. Trip includes travel to beautiful Leipzig and literary Weimar.
POL 160 – Comparative Politics – 3 credits – Summer 2015
Departure: June 9, 2015
Return: June 18, 2015
Dr. Dylan Bennett, Assistant Professor of Political Science
Estimated Program Cost
$3,550 (includes all program expenses including airfare, lodging, all in-country transportation, breakfast (to include welcome and farewell dinners), entrance fees, insurance, instruction, and study abroad administrative application fee). No additional tuition fees. Price subject to change pending increases in airline arrangements, surcharges and fees.
Out of Pocket Personal Cost
1) Passport which costs $140 (plus $25 execution fee) if you don't already have one;
2) international Student Identity Card (ISIC) which costs $22;
3) immunizations if you choose to get some prior to travel; and
4) spending money such as a handful of meals, souvenirs, calling cards, etc. Estimate $200/week.
Application Deadline: February 15, 2015
A $500 deposit is due upon application. Please make the check payable to "UW-Manitowoc"
Contact Jane Donlon for additional information at 920-459-6617 or email@example.com