We're your Broadway connection!!
We are once again transforming our comfortable coach bus into our drama classroom to take you on an educational adventure!!
Continuing Education IS your connection to the best in theater and we’ve secured exceptional seats for this highly sought after musical. We work hard to enrich your Broadway in Chicago shows with valuable information which heighten the experience and we are convinced that our day trip to see HAMILTON: An American Musical will continue that educational commitment.
HAMILTON, the cutting edge musical about Alexander Hamilton, is the hottest ticket on Broadway! Lin-Manuel Miranda, the creative genius behind this phenomenon, has chosen Chicago as HAMILTON’s first production outside of Broadway and Continuing Education has reserved tickets for October 22, 2016 and December 3, 2016.
Join us for this amazing show and you will soon realize why audiences in New York are waiting months and paying over $500 to be part of the history and excitement of HAMILTON! Register today for the opportunity to join your friends and make new ones at HAMILTON: An American Musical.
Food Tasting and Cultural Walking Tour Lincoln Park, Chicago, IL - May 19, 2016
What to expect from the Lincoln Park Food Tour:
One-of-a-Kind Food Tastings – This guided Food Tour visits six food tasting stops in the lakefront neighborhood of Lincoln Park, the largest park area in Chicago. Succulent food samples, enough for a large lunch, are served from locally owned and operated artisan stores, delis and one-of-a-kind cafés. Stops include Chicago’s top rated Chicago-style stuffed pizza, the longest operating all-cupcake boutique and an iconic bagel shop. All food tastings are included in the ticket price.
Culture & Historical Experience – Between bountiful samplings, you’ll get an insider’s view of many Chicago gourmand-favorite mainstays as you traverse the vibrant streets of the Lincoln Park neighborhood near Oz Park and Armitage Avenue. Our professional guides share their knowledge of foodie favorites, lively parks, hidden gems and exciting local entertainment and cultural options.
- Delicious food specialties are served on the Lincoln Park Food Tour (subject to change) - see below!
- Bacino's Pizzeria: #1 Rated Heart-healthy Chicago style Stuffed Pizzeria and Italian Trattoria (established 1978)
- Vosges Haut - Chocolat: "Travel the World through Chocolate" with a Bon Appetit Food Artisan of the Year winner (established 1998)
- Swirlz Cupcakes: Chicago's top-rated and longest operating all-cupcake boutique (established 2006)
- Berco's Popcorn: Chicago popcorn maker featuring authentic homemade recipes and flavors (established 2013)
- Glazed & Infused Doughnuts:Handcrafted and gourmet doughnut shop featuring sweet and savory reinventions (established 2012)
- Chicago Bagel Authority: Iconic Lincoln Park bagel shop featuring decadent sandwiches, chilis and apparel (established 1998)
When tour is over, the remaining time is on your own to shop and explore the area.
NOTE: There is a lot of walking on this tour but all fitness levels are welcome. Wear comfortable clothing and shoes. Tours take place rain or shine.
Travel date: Thursday, May 19, 2016.
Time: Departs UW-Manitowoc campus at 7:15 am, returns at approximately 7:30 pm.
Fee: $109. Includes transportation and guided taste tour. Tour goes rain or shine.
Group size is limited so register early!
Group leaders: Suzanne Lawrence, Director of Continuing Education, UW-Manitowoc, and Jane Donlon, Continuing Education Program Assistant, UW-Sheboygan.