Are you ready to get down to business? We are too! UW-Sheboygan's Continuing Education Department can customize your training to best fit your company's training needs.
Customized Business Solutions
Here are a few a questions to consider before getting started:
- Do you want the training to be on our campus or at your facility?
- Are you looking for one-day training or something that is ongoing?
- Do you need the training to be in-person or are you looking for online classes?
- Are there specific issues that you need addressed? (ex. Current situations, obstacles to overcome)
- Are there changes within the organization that need to be addressed?
- What is the specific goal that you want the training to obtain?
- Do you need Continuing Education Units (CEUs) awarded?
- How many employees do you anticipate in the training?
Here are some of our most popular training categories*:
Team dynamics: How to Build a Strong Team
This course will explore the creation, success, & dysfunctions of a team. It will focus on theories of group dynamics and ways that we can effectively lead and participate in groups. Facilitating and assessing teams and their development, influencing groups, group/team roles, and group/team decision-making processes will be covered. Surefire ways to identify and overcome pitfalls will be practiced with workshops on team trust, conflict mitigation, & avoiding the pitfalls described in “The Five Dysfunctions of a Team” by Patrick Lencioni. This is perfect for supervisors, managers, directors, VPs, or anyone wanting to advance their career. Class includes StrengthsFinder 2.0 text and assessment. Upon successful completion, you will receive a Certificate of Completion, 2.0 Continuing Education Units (CEU) on your transcript.
- Recognize the differences between the individual & group levels of systems
- Identify the stages of group development & their relationship to team effectiveness
- Be able to describe the 5 dysfunctions of a team
- Understand & employ techniques to avoid or work through these dysfunctions
- Possess a greater understanding of your own pre-dispositions within a team through the use the Strengths Finder 2.0 Indicator Assessment & the Dysfunction Online Team Assessment
- Understand & practice methods of conflict resolution with groups (as time allows)
- Observe group dynamics & analyze intervention results
Leadership Through Times of Change: Best Practices
Organizational change is inevitable and necessary to meet strategic initiatives & prevent organizational stagnation. This course will present successful change models and prepare change agents to positively communicate change in a manner that encourages buy in and support by others through a transparent, authentic, and easily understood communication plan. Upon successful completion, you will receive a Certificate of Completion, 2.0 Continuing Education Units (CEU) on your transcript.
- Introduce organizational culture concepts & definitions as related to change
- Recognize precipitators of change
- Understand planned change models as researched by Kurt Lewin
- Develop skills in preparing, managing, & cementing change
- Identify change levers within the organization & how to implement them
- Develop a transparent & relevant communication & feedback plan effective for your organization
- Excerpts from the Journal of Change Management related to Lewin & complexity theories of change
- Excerpts from the Innovation Journal: The Public Sector Innovation Journal, Vol. 13 (3) “Perspectives on Organizational Change: Systems & Complexity Theories” by Francis Amagoh
- Certificate of Completion, 2.5 Continuing Education Units (CEU)
Polish Your Leadership Style and Leverage Your Success!
Learn to leverage your leadership traits in a way that brands your style & increases your effectiveness in business or everyday life. Participants will identify & optimize their leadership style which will prepare for future challenges. You will inspire others and improve overall productivity in both your professional and personal life. This all day seminar is a must for every manager! Available for .6 CEUs.
The 5 Best Conflict Resolution Strategies
Are you constantly fighting a battle or even worse, avoiding them? Tired of navigating life's challenges with others & getting nowhere? We will discuss how to pick your battles and to apply the 5 demonstrated conflict resolution strategies correctly and effectively. Let Michel DeLisle make your life easier by breezing through conflicts with ease while maintaining a positive working or life environment. This is a must for both managers and employees or anyone wanting to communicate more positively! Available for .6 CEUs
*Please note: the above workshops are samples and can be tailored to meet your training needs. Contact us today to explore your options! Please contact Holly Wehrhahn, CCT, Southeast Region Continuing Education Director, at email@example.com or 262-521-5460 or cell: 262-565-8142.