Offering the help you need, for no fee
Main Building, Room 3212
What is The Writing Center?
The Writing Center provides UW-Sheboygan students with FREE support during any stage of the writing process. Students meet one-on-one with qualified tutors for 30-minute tutoring sessions (by appointment or through walk-ins).
What should I expect from a tutoring session?
- Friendly, non-judgmental support with the writing process from qualified peer tutors who showed high academic success in English 102 as well as possess strengths in various elements of English writing;
- Questions from the tutor about the structure, organization, and thesis before discussion about grammatical mistakes (note that this is not meant to be a time for someone to merely proofread your paper);
- Help with any stage of the writing process. You haven’t written a draft? A visit to the Writing Center is still helpful. A tutor can be a sounding board for your ideas and provide suggestions to help you get started writing.
When is The Writing Center open?
Monday 11 am – 4pm
Tuesday 9 am-3 pm
Wednesday 11 am – 4 pm
Thursday 11 am – 3 pm
Friday 11 am – 12:30 pm
How do I meet with a writing tutor?
- Stop in room 3212 to schedule an appointment
- Walk in during open hours
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call (920) 459-5955 and leave a message