Tuition and Fees
Log in to PRISM to view your account balance and/or to pay your fees.
Follow the payment instructions carefully, as you will not receive an invoice prior to classes or before each deadline.
Fall 2013 Tuition payment Deadline: Monday, September 16, 2013
Spring 2014 Tuition payment Deadline: Friday, February 7, 2014
Resident & Minnesota Receprocity Fees
|TOTAL Full-Time 2013-14 Fees 2(12-18 credits)||
|1Per Credit Fee for 2012-13
incl/mandatory segregated fees
A per credit rate, for instructional fee, of $197.93 for Residents and $488.92 for NonResidents will be assessed, for all credits over 18.
Online course fees are not included in the 12-18 credit full-time campus credit cost. The rate for 2013-2014 online courses is $238 per credit plus a $20 per credit administrative fee. The administrative fee is refundable through the last day of registration. Therefore, if you are enrolled part-time or full-time in on-campus courses simultaneously with online courses, you are charged for all campus tuition and fees as well as all online tuition and fees.
Administrative Penalty Fee for Non Payment of Fees – $100
Students who 1) do not have their fees paid in full, 2) do not have an approved Credit Agreement [payment plan], or 3) do not have an approved Fee Deferment of tuition and fees by the 10th of classes—the semester payment deadline/due date, must be charged a mandatory $100 Administrative Penalty Fee. There are no exceptions.
- Wisconsin Residents < 60 yrs old- $59* per credit (+special course fees, where applicable)
- Wisconsin Residents age 60 or more - per credit fees waived (special course fees , where applicable, will be charged)
- Non-Residents - $244* per credit (+special course fees, where applicable)
*The waived or reduced rates apply to AUDIT-ONLY students. Students who are degree seeking students who combine both audit and for-credit courses in one semester are charged the regular for-credit rate for their courses.
NOTE: Audit students, as credit students, are subject to a $100 late fee, if tuition/special course fees are not paid by the tuition deadline dates.
Credit Card Payment Fees
You will be assessed a service charge of 2.5% of the payment amount when you use a MasterCard or Discover credit or debit card (VISA is not accepted & cannot be used) to pay your tuition online. See how to make a payment online.
Distance Education (compressed video/audio graphics) Course Fees
Distance Education courses are assessed surcharges beginning at $15 per credit.
New Student Fee
Upon admission, all new degree seeking students to UW Sheboygan are assessed a non-refundable $110 fee to cover the costs of orientation and placement testing. The fee, also non-refundable, of $80 will be charged to transfer students.
No Show Policy
- If you do not attend your first class session and have not contacted your instructor, you may be dropped from the course.
- If you do not attend any of your first class sessions, you will be administratively withdrawn from UW Sheboygan and you must forfeit your $100 Advance Tuition Deposit or be charged a $100 mandatory Administrative Penalty Fee, whichever is applicable.
Online Course Fees
Please visit the UW Colleges On-line web site online.uwc.edu for all online class information.
Where a student withdraws from all classes or drops a course or courses without payment of fees, the following payment schedule is used.
|Sessison Length||Week 1||Week 2||Week 3||Week 4|
|12 Weeks & over||None||None||50%||50%|
|8 – 11 weeks||None||50%||75%||100%|
|5 – 7 weeks||None||50%||100%||100%|
|3 – 4 weeks *||None||75%||100%||100%|
* After week 4, 100% of tuition is due.
Refund of Tuition
Refer to Refund Schedule link.
Special Course Fees
Special Course/CV & Distance Ed fees are non-refundable after the second week of the term. These are additional, required lab/course fees that are charged as follows:
- $10.00 ART 101, 161, 261
- $15.00 ART 111
- $40.00 ART 181, CTA 130
- $45.00 ANT 102, CHE 343, CPS 240, CPS 255, EGR 201, EGR 202,
- ENG 102 (SEC. 4), MUS 271, PHY 205
- $60.00 FRE 101, FRE 201, MAT 090 (SEC. 1-2), MAT 222
- $80.00 MAT 091 (SEC. 1-4)
Textbooks for Distance Education and On-line Courses
To order, go to MBS Direct Online Bookstore at direct.mbsbooks.com/uwcolleges.htm or call toll free 1.800.325.3252.
Withdrawal Fee Policy
Students who withdraw from classes are charged a mandatory administrative withdrawal fee of $100 as follows:
- from July 1 through the 10th day of Fall term
- from December 1 through 10th day of Spring term