You must have a UW Colleges Financial Aid Award letter to qualify for a Deferment. Where a loan is awarded/offered, you must have returned your award letter to Student Services, completed and filed the loan application, completed your master promissory note, and exit counseling www.uwc.edu/financial-aid/ to be eligible for a Deferment.
An Automatic Fee Deferment will be posted as a "Pending FA Waiver" on your account if all of the above criteria have been met. A waiver amount indicates that you have financial aid for the same amount that will be disbursed, unless there is change in your credit load prior to the census date.
If after an Automatic Fee Deferment is posted to your account:
- you have a balance that is a credit or zero balance, you will not need to make any additional payment unless your credit load changes or charges are added to your account.
- you have a positive balance due, you should either pay your balance in full or complete a Credit Agreement to pay your balance in payments. You are responsible for paying any remaining balance prior to the tuition deadline date to avoid any late fees.
|Activity||Fall Term 2011 Dates||Spring Term 2012 Dates|
|First day of classes||Tuesday, Sept. 6||Monday, Jan. 23|
|Last day to add/drop classes (10th day of classes)||Monday, Sept. 19||Sunday, Feb. 3|
|TUITION AND FEES DUE IN BUSINESS SERVICES||Monday, Sept. 19||Friday, Feb. 3|
|Tuition and Fees due if paying online / *Financial Aid Census Date||Monday, Sept. 19 before midnight||Sunday, Feb. 5 before midnight|
|Financial aid electronically disbursed||Tuesday, Sept. 20||Monday, Feb. 6|
|Checks printed and mailed from Madison||Wednesday, Sept. 21||Tuesday, Feb. 7|
* Financial aid census date is the date on which a snapshot is taken of credits for which a student is enrolled. Financial aid is paid for that number of credits.
To qualify for a deferment of fees, you must have a Financial Aid Award offer and where applicable, you must have completed and filed a loan application, completed the master promissory note and exit counseling. Please see Business Services to request and approval for a fee deferment.
Return your financial aid award letter to Student Affairs to accept any loan funds you wish to receive. Be sure to complete Loan Entrance Counseling and your Master Promissory Note at www.uwc.edu/financial-aid.
- If you do not have sufficient financial aid to pay all of your tuition and fees by the payment deadline contact the Business Services Office to make payment arrangements before the payment deadline.
- If you have accepted financial aid it will be deducted from the amount owed as a pending financial aid waiver.
- If you have sufficient pending financial aid to pay your entire balance due, the waiver will prevent any late fees from being applied to your account.
- Pending aid waivers are removed from all accounts after aid is disbursed.
Do NOT ASSUME because you applied for, qualified for in the past, or currently qualify for financial aid that you will receive it in time to meet the payment deadline!