Travel - Experience - Discover
From day trips to week-long excursions, UW-Sheboygan Continuing Education tours focus on literature, performing arts, theatre, visual arts, food, theology, geography, history, and more! Our trips offer exceptional and enriching travel experiences with no planning needed from you! We build in plenty of free time for you to enjoy the destination, shopping, restaurants, or pursue your own interests at your leisure!
Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness Adventure
The Boundary waters in northern Minnesota is the largest wilderness area east of the Rocky Mountains and north of the Florida Everglades. The more than 1 million acres contains over 1200 miles of canoe routes and over 2000 individual campsites. Challenge yourself physically and unplug yourself mentally as you spend 6 days paddling this pristine wilderness with 2 guides who combined have completed more than 20 trips in this natural wonderland. Price includes transportation from Manitowoc, all food in the wilderness, and all necessary equipment. Personal gear excluded.
Number of participants allowed: 6
Departure dates: August 1 - 6, 2015
Group leaders: Bruce Peters, UW-Manitowoc Assistant Campus Dean for Administration and Finance, and Jared Dalberg, UW-Manitowoc Associate Professor, Health, Exercise Science & Athletics. Both Bruce and Jared have led various outdoor trips over the past 4 years as co-advisors to the UW-Manitowoc Extreme Outdoors Club.
Alaska 2016 (Cruise/Land)
More information to follow!
Departure dates: July 2016 (dates will soon be confirmed) Fee: TBA Group leader: Suzanne Lawrence, Director of Continuing Education, UW-Manitowoc and UW-Sheboygan.
New York City Theatre Tour - 2016 - Call today to reserve your place!
Please contact Suzanne Lawrence if you would like to be on the waiting list.
This trip fills up fast! Do not delay!
A collaborative trip with UW-Fox Valley Valley, June 8-12, 2016
In five adventure-filled days, you and a group of like-minded travelers will experience three outstanding Broadway performances. You’ll spend four nights a conveniently located hotel on Times Square. You’ll see many of the city’s most popular attractions guided by our trip leaders or you can explore the city on your own! Be a part of this year’s exciting adventure in one of America’s most vibrant and diverse cities.
The price for the trip includes the following items:
- Coach and air transportation to Milwaukee and New York
- Three plays: two musicals and one non-musical (TBA)
- Four nights at the Marriott Marquis Hotel conveniently located on Times Square
- Group tours of some of New York’s many “must see” attractions with Jane Marx
- Optional excursions with your trip leaders
- Plenty of free time to explore
Departure dates: Wednesday, June 1 - Sunday, June 5, 2016 (Departs UW-Manitowoc campus to Mitchell International Airport. Note: Fox Valley residents will depart from UW-Fox Valley Valley.) Fee: TBA. Group leaders: Susan Rabideau, UW-Fox Valley Associate Professor of Theatre and Communications Arts/Theatre Director; and Bil Stachour (New York City navigator)
Note: Itinerary will be available in late fall!
Food Tasting and Cultural Walking Tour Lincoln Park, Chicago, IL - May 19, 2016
What to expect from the Lincoln Park Food Tour:
One-of-a-Kind Food Tastings – This guided Food Tour visits six food tasting stops in the lakefront neighborhood of Lincoln Park, the largest park area in Chicago. Succulent food samples, enough for a large lunch, are served from locally owned and operated artisan stores, delis and one-of-a-kind cafés. Stops include Chicago’s top rated Chicago-style stuffed pizza, the longest operating all-cupcake boutique and an iconic bagel shop. All food tastings are included in the ticket price.
Culture & Historical Experience – Between bountiful samplings, you’ll get an insider’s view of many Chicago gourmand-favorite mainstays as you traverse the vibrant streets of the Lincoln Park neighborhood near Oz Park and Armitage Avenue. Our professional guides share their knowledge of foodie favorites, lively parks, hidden gems and exciting local entertainment and cultural options.
- Delicious food specialties are served on the Lincoln Park Food Tour (subject to change) - see below!
- Bacino's Pizzeria: #1 Rated Heart-healthy Chicago style Stuffed Pizzeria and Italian Trattoria (established 1978)
- Vosges Haut - Chocolat: "Travel the World through Chocolate" with a Bon Appetit Food Artisan of the Year winner (established 1998)
- Swirlz Cupcakes: Chicago's top-rated and longest operating all-cupcake boutique (established 2006)
- Berco's Popcorn: Chicago popcorn maker featuring authentic homemade recipes and flavors (established 2013)
- Glazed & Infused Doughnuts:Handcrafted and gourmet doughnut shop featuring sweet and savory reinventions (established 2012)
- Chicago Bagel Authority: Iconic Lincoln Park bagel shop featuring decadent sandwiches, chilis and apparel (established 1998)
When tour is over, the remaining time is on your own to shop and explore the area.
NOTE: There is a lot of walking on this tour but all fitness levels are welcome. Wear comfortable clothing and shoes. Tours take place rain or shine.
Travel date: Thursday, May 19, 2016. Time: Departs UW-Manitowoc campus at 7:15 am, returns at approximately 7:30 pm. Fee: TBA. Includes transportation and guided taste tour. Group size is limited so register early! Group leaders: Suzanne Lawrence, Director of Continuing Education, UW-Manitowoc, and Jane Donlon, Continuing Education Program Assistant, UW-Sheboygan.