We are working to develop college preparation programs for students who wish to strengthen their preparation for college-level work. Please check-out the classes we currently offer and what's coming up for our Sheboygan Summer Scholars-2015.
Attention: Juniors and Seniors, three options to prepare for the ACT Test!
1. ACT Prep Brush-up!
Learn the skills necessary to do well on your ACT exam with the help of top-notch professors and instructors!
Date: Saturday, February 28, 2015
Time: 8:00 am - 2:30 pm
Students will learn:
- Strategies for test taking
- Strategies in solving math problems – algebra, geometry and trigonometry
- Proper usage of English – rhetorical skills and mechanics
- Analysis and interpretation of scientific research summaries & conflicting hypotheses
2. ACT Strategies and Prep Course
A series of classes to help you improve your ACT score
- Learn from top instructors. Only top-notch instructors from local school districts teach the ACT courses at UW-Sheboygan.
- Topics covered include english, writing, math, science, and test-taking strategies.
- Take the class when you need it most. Take ACT Strategies just prior to taking the actual ACT exam so you are less likely to forget what you learned before you take the test.
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses. You will take a retired ACT test and receive detailed results to determine what you need to focus on during the course and before taking the actual ACT exam.
- Gain experience. Take a retired ACT. Feel more confident and comfortable. Learn tips to help alleviate test anxiety.
- Discover test-taking strategies. Acquire test-taking strategies that will help increase your speed and accuracy.
To receive the full benefit of this course, it is important to attend all sessions. A required textbook is included in the course fee and will be distributed at the first class.
For All ACT Strategies Prep Sessions, the program is as follows:
1st Saturday class
Pretest* 8 a.m. – noon (retired ACT test)
2nd Saturday class
Review Test Results 8 - 10 a.m.
English 10 a.m. - noon
Reading 6 - 7 p.m.
Writing 7 - 8 p.m.
Math 6 – 8:00 p.m.
Science, questions, wrap-up 6 – 8:30 p.m.
At UW-Sheboygan, in Time for the April ACT Testing Date
Saturday, March 7, 8-12Noon (pre-test, mandatory attendance)
Saturday, March 21, 8am-12N
Monday, March 23, 6-8pm
Tuesday, March 24, 6-8:00pm
Wednesday, March 25, 6-8:30pm
Please note,the ACT must be scheduled separately by visiting www.actstudent.org.
At UW-Sheboygan, in Time for the June Testing Date
Saturday, May 9, 2015 8-12 Noon (pre-test, mandatory attendance)
Saturday, May 30, 2015 8am-12N
Monday, June 1, 2015 6-8pm
Tuesday, June 2, 2015 6-8:00pm
Wednesday, June 3, 2015 6-8:30pm
Please note, the ACT must be scheduled separately by visiting www.actstudent.org.
3. New! Self-Directed Online ACT Prep Course
UW-Sheboygan's Online ACT Prep Course empowers students to prepare for the ACT on their own time. This prep course offers a great option for students who want 24/7 access and a more flexible schedule.
Begin the course by taking an online pre-test to determine what areas you should focus your efforts on and then take up to five months to complete the self-paced course. Even if you need to prepare for the ACT test sooner, you have that flexibility and also the opportunity to continue the prep since you have access anytime within the five months. The course allows you work on modules and receive immediate feedback from quizzes for each of the five test sections. When you have completed the lessons, you’ll take another online assessment that will assess how much you’ve improved.
The ACT must be scheduled separately by visiting www.actstudent.org.
Enrollment is ongoing, Register for the online ACT prep course.