UW-Sheboygan currently has three videoconferencing classrooms available for the UW Colleges distance education program. These facilities are also available to the public for reasonable rates. We support IP-based videoconference services. We can also bridge ISDN connections using our videoconferencing bridge in Madison, Wisconsin for an additional fee. Details on these resources can be found at the Pyle Center web site.
Who uses UW-Sheboygan’s video conferencing facilities?
- Attorneys use the facilities for long distance depositions and interviews.
- Education organizations conduct statewide trainings, think tank sessions, job interviews and job performance reviews.
- Government offices hold public hearings using video technology.
- Corporate users conduct sales presentations, department meetings and job interviews via video conferencing.
- International companies use our video conferencing facilities to conduct sales presentations with clients in other countries.
What technology is available at UW-Sheboygan?
- Three video conference rooms, capacity up to 24 participants
- Computer, DVD, VCR and electronic document presentation capabilities
- Video recording of conferences, depositions, meetings
- Group teleconferencing and web conferencing capability
- Ability to connect via ISDN, H.323 to other sites
- Supporting H.329 people + content technology
- Fully-trained technical operator present during conferencing
What is the cost of video conferencing?
Private businesses, agencies, or manufacturers: $150 / hour, per site*
State of Wisconsin, K-12 schools, public or non-profit agencies: $30 / hour, per site*
University of Wisconsin campuses: $15 / hour, per site*
*Additional line or bridging charges may also apply depending on the conference. Call for individual quotes.
One-half hour setup time plus actual time used for testing additional. For additional rental information, please see the contact below.
How do I set up a video conference?
Contact us at (920) 459-6600.