UW-Sheboyganwill be hiring and training one incoming freshman to work for two years in the Information Technology (IT) department. Here's your chance to gain valuable on-the-job training in the technology field as well as earn enough money to pay for your tuition and more! One full-time freshman will participate in this outstanding educational and job-training program. Students, who complete the first year of the program including summer training, academic year employment and following summer employment, will also receive a $1,000 stipend for the second year of participation in the program, to be paid $500 at the beginning of the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Troubleshooting hardware and software problems
- Help desk support for student computer labs
- Desktop support for faculty, staff, and students
- Technical support of distance education classes
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Four day intensive training at a UW College campus.
- Thiry hours per week of summer employment
- Employment during the school year in the IT department at UW-Sheboygan.
- Thiry hours per week of summer employment and fifteen hours per week of employment during sophomore year.
- Strong academic record.
- Computer literacy (experience with e-mail, web browsing, word processing) is helpful.
- Personable and have experience working with people.
If you are interested in being considered for this program, please submit the IT Student Application linked above to:
Sheboygan, WI 53081
Application may also be emailed to SHBit@uwc.edu or dropped off at the UW-SheboyganStudent Affairs Office (Room 2224)