The Music Department of The University of Wisconsin-Sheboygan announces the fall 2017 concert schedule. In addition to some of the most talented and dedicated music educators, student performers and community musicians in the area, it also includes a visiting choir from Germany. The broad range of music programs includes professional jazz as well as classical performances. The fall concert schedule includes:
- Thursday, October 19 – Sixth Annual CHIME Concert
- CHIME is an acronym for Concert Hour Involving Music Educators. Local educator/performers for this popular concert include: Tricia Marton, Paul Sucherman, Fabian Qamar, and Mike Slupski.
- Friday, October 27 – Chorisma
- Performing together since 2007, this 14-member a capella group from Neuruppin, Germany begins their U.S. tour on the UW-Sheboygan stage!
- Monday, November 20 – Triple Jazz Festival
- Jeff Schieble’s Generations Big Band will headline the Triple Jazz Festival. The terrific jazz bands at South High, under the direction of Wade Heinen, open the festivities and UW-Sheboygan’s own Jazz Ensemble, led by the brilliant jazz keyboardist Paul Sucherman, continue the groove.
- Thursday, December 7 – MUSE Concert
- This joyous start to the holiday season is full of standards, singalongs, and surprises. Music of the University Soloists and Ensembles (MUSE) concert includes University Chorus, Vocal and Instrumental Jazz ensembles as well as ensemble alumni.
All concerts begin at 7pm in the University Theatre, located on the UW-Sheboygan campus, One University Drive, Sheboygan. Tickets for each performance are $10 for adults. Admission is free for area students with I.D. The box office opens at 6pm.
For more information, contact Dr. Christy Talbott, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website, sheboygan.uwc.edu