The Writing Center provides UW-Sheboygan students with FREE support during any stage of the writing process. Students meet one-on-one with qualified tutors for 30-minute tutoring sessions (by appointment or through walk-ins). The Writing Center is located in the Main Building, Room 3108.
Hours (Fall 2017)
Monday - Thursday 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
The SSC is closed Saturday and Sunday.
During a tutoring session you can expect:
- Friendly, non-judgmental support with the writing process from qualified peer tutors who showed high academic success in English 102 as well as possess strengths in various elements of English writing;
- Questions from the tutor about the structure, organization, and thesis before discussion about grammatical mistakes (note that this is not meant to be a time for someone to merely proofread your paper);
- Help with any stage of the writing process. You haven’t written a draft? A visit to the Writing Center is still helpful. A tutor can be a sounding board for your ideas and provide suggestions to help you get started writing.
Make an Appointment
- Stop in room 3108 to schedule an appointment
- Walk in during open hours
- Email Sherri Byrand
- Call 920-459-6683 and leave a message