UW-Sheboygan offers robust learning opportunities in summer youth program
The University of Wisconsin-Sheboygan’s summer youth program will offer a variety of fun and educational opportunities for children of all ages this summer through its popular College for Kids program and other related enrichment camps.
College for Kids, for children in grades 2-6, will be offered by the Center for Engagement Learning June 20-24 and August 1-5, 2011. College for Kids classes will be held in two morning sessions from 8-10 a.m. and 10 a.m.-noon.
New interesting programs offered as part of the College for Kids program includes the following:
• Architecture Studio Design-Build Project
• Art Like An Egyptian
• Arts in the Gardens
• Checkmate! (Levels 1 and 2)
• E2 – Engineering and Economics
• Everyday Spanish (Grades 2-6)
• Mighty Mozart Music Class
• Mornings with Oscar (Grades 2-3)
• Seriously Silly Science
• World Music Drumming, and many more!
In addition to the College for Kids classes offered in June and August, several special camps will be offered to area children, focusing on specific topics in June, July and August and will include:
• Elementastic Science (Grades 1-8) July 18-22
• Lego Mindstorms RCX Robotics (Grades 4-6) June 20-24 OR August 1-5
• Folk Tales Alive! Drama Camp (Grades 3-5) August 1-5
• Co-Ed Basketball Camp (Grades 3-6) August 8-11
To register for any of the above classes or to see the complete summer schedule, contact the UW-Sheboygan Continuing Education Office at (920) 459-6617, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.sheboygan.uwc.edu. Complete program catalogs are available online and by calling the CEL office to be added to the summer mailing list. Catalogs will be distributed through area schools in coming weeks.